SCTA National Training Standards for Safe Church Programs & Presenters
The SCTA Standards set a high standard for holistic Safe Church programs and workshops throughout the Australian church. They also provide a mechanism for endorsement of Safe Church programs and the co-endorsement of workshop presenters.
Safe Church Workshops are interactive, awareness raising workshops covering: Christian foundations of safe ministry, duty of care, vulnerable people protection (abuse prevention), due diligence in relation to recruitment and supervision of all church leaders and the management of program risks. The SCTA recommends all leaders and those involved in ministry to young people and vulnerable people attend an introduction (full day, 6hr) workshop in their first year of ministry and a 3 hour refresher course every three years.
SCTA Training Standards
1. Safe Culture Awareness
2. Understand Children and Abuse
3. Understand Vulnerable Adults and Abuse
4. Respond to Claims and Disclosures
5. Value and empower vulnerable adults and children to participate
6. Understand Power Dynamics and Boundaries
7. Safe Leaders
8. Safe Church Environments
9. Understand Legal and Insurance requirements
10. Training and Presenters
Download the SCTA Framework and Standards